Thursday, January 06, 2011

One Hour to Go

I'm sitting here at work, kind of wishing I hadn't eaten those spicy green beans from Asian Max for lunch. I leave here in one hour to attend my first college orientation since I was 17, and my tummy is all a-flutter. I've decided to enroll at the Art Institutes and work my way through the Baking and Pastry certificate program. It's something I've wanted to do for a very long time. Now that I have the opportunity, I'm a nervous wreck!

I know that I've made the right decision. Baking and pastry arts is something that I'm very passionate about. I'm 35 years old, been working as an IT professional for almost 12 years, and not enjoying it. I figure now is as good time as any to get my foot in the bakery, so to speak. I'm just nervous because it's a whole new world for me. But I know it's a world that will open so many doors and opportunities, so I've got to dive right in.

I'll be posting here throughout my trip through pastry school, and hopefully share my ideas and creations with everyone. So, stay tuned!

No comments: