Saturday, February 05, 2011

Two Days Til Finals

I can't believe how fast 5 weeks went.

On Monday I take my written exam. I'm pretty confident that I will do well. I studied a little this afternoon and will study more tomorrow.

I practiced and made Spiced Banana Bread this morning. It turned out great.

For my practical exam Tuesday and Wednesday, I have to make Biscuits, Banana Bread, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Poolish Baguettes, Croissants, and Sticky Buns.

I'm so nervous.

The trick is figuring out how to plan and budget my time. Do I go in full force and start with the quickbreads? Or do I make up all the dough for the baguettes, croissants, and buns on day one, making sure to get them out of the way?

What if I don't have enough time? What if my dough does not double and I have to start all over? What if the temperature in the proofer is all off and they overproof? What if someone steals/damages/throws out the dough once I put it in the retarder over night?

I know I'm not going to sleep much after Monday. But I'll have to stay positive and just do my best. I have learned a lot these past five weeks, and that's really what's important. If I don't get an "A" in this class, I won't be devastated or anything. But I really do hope I get an "A".

Here are some doughnuts I made on Tuesday. They were pretty delicious.

No comments: