Thursday, February 10, 2011

Two Days of Practical Exams DONE!

Tuesday was a rough day for me. I didn't do well on my first round. I made up all my dough and baked cookies and biscuits. The cookies and biscuits did not turn out well at all. I was really disappointed and frustrated and I'm sure my Chef could see it. Not to mention that my croissant dough also did not turn out right. I had to throw the entire thing out on Wednesday and start over.

Wednesday was a much better day. I made up my croissant dough right away and let it ferment. I baked off my sweet rolls, baguettes, and banana bread. My baguette did not bake long enough, so I didn't get great marks on that. My sweet rolls and banana bread were awesome, so I was happy with that. But my croissants did not turn out well. It's because they weren't in the proofer long enough and didn't have a chance to double in size. But I presented them anyway. They looked awesome on the outside, but in the inside they were still doughy.

I learned a lot during these past 5 weeks, but I'm ready to move on to Pastry class for the next 6. We'll be doing more creative things, which is right up my alley.



No comments: