Sunday, June 19, 2011

Spring Quarter: DONE!

I'm done with spring quarter. I can't believe it went so fast. I had so much fun in both my classes, but I think I liked my Artisan Breads class a little more. And to think: I went into it thinking I was going to hate every moment! But it worked out well and I have a new appreciation for making home made bread.

For my final project I had to create a movie scene using dead dough. Dead dough is bread dough without yeast added (so it's not "living"). It has the consistency and texture of playdoh, but smells a lot better. It's pretty easy to work with, but it takes forever to dry.

I did the wood chipper scene from Fargo. If you're not familiar with the movie, you really need to see it. It's my favorite movie of all time. I was so happy I got permission from my chef to do this scene. I thought for sure he'd say "no" or that it was too gory or unethical or whatever. But, yeah...I did it and I'm super happy and proud. It's currently in the window of the Gourmet Gallery on 9th St, so if you're in Minneapolis, stop by and take a look.






No comments: