Monday, April 04, 2011

I'm sorry, readers...

I've been terrible with the upkeep of this blog.

I promise to do better. I really do.

I decided to quit my full time job in IT so I can follow my dreams. My last day was Wednesday, March 30. It's really the best decision I've ever made. I have been working in IT since 2000 and even though I was good at my job, I was completely burned out. There are other factors that lead to my resignation, but I'll keep them to myself at t his point. I'm just happy to not have to go into an office and sit in a cube for 9 hours a day and THEN go to school for five more hours every day. Especially when all I do is daydream about baked goods instead of doing actual IT work.

I just spent four days in Omaha, NE with my very good friend Dave. We ate great food (and I baked him two quiches) and got to spend some good quality time together. The highlight of my trip was seeing Queens of the Stone Age at the Sokol Auditorium. It was the best show I've ever seen (and I've been to a lot of rock shows) and now holds the number one spot for most memorable shows.

And of course, I got my Josh Homme fix. I think I'm good for another year or so ;)


Now that I don't have a full time job to attend, I will have more time to devote to this blog. Please stick with me, dear reader. I will try not to let you down again.

Oh, if you're wondering, I got an "A" in both Baking and Pastry. My official GPA is a 3.70. Hooray!

No comments: